There are several nationwide banks that either offer second chance checking accounts or other similar checking accounts for customers that have difficulty opening a new checking account due to Chexsystems, bad credit, or other past banking issues.
BBVA Compass offers a second chance checking account that includes a Visa Check Card and no charge to use ATMs at any of their 1000 ATM locations.
- $25 Minimum Opening Deposit
- $13.95 per month service fee
Key Bank Available to those who are listed on Chexsystems, Key Access provides an alternative to regular checking account
- $10 Minimum Opening Deposit
- No monthly maintenance fee $200 in transactions or 2 or more transactions within a statement cycle
Wells Fargo – “Opportunity Package” is designed for those who have been unable to open a checking account due to credit problems or past banking history.
- $100 minimum opening deposit
- $10 Monthly service fee – (Fee waived if minimum balance is over $1000 or with qualifying direct deposit)
Woodforest Bank second chance account is designed for people that have had banking problems in the past.
- $25 minimum opening Deposit
- $9 Set up Fee
- $7.95 per month fee with direct deposit – $9.95 per month without direct deposit.